The AGMC Inc is a peak body for individuals/groups from a Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer multicultural background.
The AGMC Inc aims to represent the interests of Australian GLBTIQ individual/groups from a multicultural background. It does this primarily by recognising the interests of GLBTIQ multicultural individuals/groups and raising their profile within the wider GLBTIQ and multicultural communities. : The AGMC Inc. encourages the participation and contribution of GLBTIQ from a Multicultural background within GLBTIQ and multicultural communities. It aims to promote, enable and disseminate knowledge on issues relevant to GLBTIQ multicultural individuals/groups through discussion, research, publishing and other means. In addition the AGMC Inc. encourages and supports the formation and growth of GLBTIQ multicultural groups.
AGMC Inc aims to:
- Encourage their participation and contribution within GLBTIQ and multicultural communities
- Promote, enable and disseminate knowledge on issues relevant to GLBTIQ multicultural individuals and groups through discussion, research, publishing and other means
- Encourage and support the formation and growth of GLBTIQ multicultural groups
- Promote the representation of GLBTIQ multicultural groups on the AGMC Committee of Management and any of its bodies
- Recognise the interests of GLBTIQ multicultural individuals and groups and raise their profile within the wider GLBTIQ and multicultural communities
- The AGMC Inc promotes, enhances and enables the health and wellbeing of culturally diverse GLBTIQ individuals/groups within an Australian context.
The AGMC Inc does this by:
- referring individuals and organisations to relevant Multicultural GLBTIQ groups
- being a point of contact for Multicultural GLBTIQ individuals who are seeking support
- conducting and/ or supporting research activities specifically relating to Multicultural GLBTIQ and,
- providing assistance for both support and social activities undertaken by Multicultural groups